Try these lemon cake, it’s very delicious, nutritious and easy to make. Just follow simple steps here:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Lifeway Greek Style Kefir – click here to buy
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by beating together in a large bowl the eggs, kefir, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Then pour slowly the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add in the canola oil and mix until combined.
- Next, pour the batter into the prepared loaf ban and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan combine the sugar and lemon. In a low temperature, stir frequently until the sugar dissolved.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool before removing it from the pan.
- Then brush the lemon-sugar mixture on top.