These chocolate cupcake recipe has a very slight hint of root beer. A delicious treat for the whole family to enjoy. Try these recipe now!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp root beer flavoring
- 3/4 cup plain Lifeway Kefir – click here to buy
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and arrange a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Start mixing in a small bowl, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- Then on a separate but larger bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg and root beer flavoring until smooth.
- Whisk in flour mixture and kefir alternately until smooth. Then scoop the mixture in the pan and bake afterwards for about 22-27 minutes.
- When the cake is done allow it to cool.
- Garnish the cake with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or fold 1/2 tsp of root beer flavoring into whipped cream and top each cupcake.