These delicious recipe is easy to follow. A perfect dessert for the whole family to dig in!
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk kefir – click here to buy
- Butter and flour either 9×13-inch pan or two 8-inch round cake.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the vegetable oil, kefir and vanilla in a bowl. On a separated bowl, mix the cocoa, baking soda, flour and salt.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth the spread the mixture into the pan.
- Bake afterwards depending on the size of the pan that your using. For small pans, bake for about 20-25 minutes and for the large pans, bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool before removing it. Then you cut the cake into half and spread a layer of raspberry jam or just spread the jam on top of the cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar the layers of the cake and garnished it with fresh raspberries.
- I make my own milk kefir using kefir grains and 2% organic cow’s milk. You may visit here to learn more! Enjoy!