30 Dec 2013
Tags: banana, blueberries, flax ground up, granola, Honey, Kefir, vanilla, yogurt
Gather and treat your whole family with this yogurt parfaits. A perfect healthy dessert as well.
- 1 banana
- 3-4 T honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 T flax ground up
- 1-2 C homemade granola
- 3 C homemade plain yogurt or Kefir – click here to buy
- 1 C blueberries or another kind of berry
- Combine the yogurt with honey and vanilla.
- In a glass, scoop the yogurt then sprinkled on a teaspoon of flax, homemade granola, spoonful of berries, a few cut up pieces of banana, repeat the procedure.
- End with granola or berries sprinkled on the top.
16 Dec 2013
Tags: berries, chia, cinnamon, coconut oil, flax, Kefir, milk, protein powder, spinach
Here is another yummy treat for the whole family. Made of frozen fruits and vegetables with kefir.
- 2 T chia
- 2-4 T flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 C kefir or milk of your choice
- 1 C frozen berries
- 1 C frozen spinach
- 1 to 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 4 T coconut oil *optional
- 1 T whey protein powder * optional
- In a food processor, pour the kefir first then put the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and serve.
09 Dec 2013
Tags: butter, chocolate chips, heavy cream, orange extract, orange zest
These chocolate orange truffles are easy to make. Perfect sweet treat for the whole family.
- 1/4 C butter
- 2-3 T orange zest
- 1 t orange extract
- 1/ 3 C of heavy cream
- 6 oz of dark or semisweet chocolate chips
**dipping: ground nuts, pecans, almonds, pistachio or walnuts unsweetened cocoa powder or powdered sugar
- In a medium sauce pan over a low heat, stir the cream, butter and chocolate until it is melted.
- Remove from the the heat and stir in zest and extract.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish. Then place it in the fridge 40 min at least.
- Scoop out the chocolate and form into balls using your hands. Roll into your dipping choice and serve.
05 Dec 2013
Tags: cheese, chicken, cumin, Kefir, onion, salt, spinach, tomatoes, yogurt
This yummy chicken salad with kefir is a perfect meal for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 Roma tomatoes cut up
- 1/4 onion chopped up fine
- grated cheese
- 1/2 C kefir or plain yogurt – click here to buy
- 1 1/2 C cooked shredded chicken
- In the pan, heat up chicken with onion and seasonings. Add the tomatoes, kefir and cheese and cook a couple minutes.
- Place the salad on a serving plate then chicken mixture on top. Add salsa if you want.