29 Apr 2016
With so many choices of food that we can get, people never imagine how a simple fruit called banana has so many health benefits to our body.
20 Dec 2014
Tags: baking powder, canola oil, eggs, flour, Kefir, kosher salt, lemon zest, sugar, vanilla extract
Try these lemon cake, it’s very delicious, nutritious and easy to make. Just follow simple steps here:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Lifeway Greek Style Kefir – click here to buy
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by beating together in a large bowl the eggs, kefir, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Then pour slowly the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add in the canola oil and mix until combined.
- Next, pour the batter into the prepared loaf ban and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan combine the sugar and lemon. In a low temperature, stir frequently until the sugar dissolved.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool before removing it from the pan.
- Then brush the lemon-sugar mixture on top.
15 Nov 2014
Tags: all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa powder, egg, ginger, granulated sugar, Kefir, root beer flavoring, salt, vegetable oil
These chocolate cupcake recipe has a very slight hint of root beer. A delicious treat for the whole family to enjoy. Try these recipe now!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp root beer flavoring
- 3/4 cup plain Lifeway Kefir – click here to buy
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and arrange a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Start mixing in a small bowl, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- Then on a separate but larger bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg and root beer flavoring until smooth.
- Whisk in flour mixture and kefir alternately until smooth. Then scoop the mixture in the pan and bake afterwards for about 22-27 minutes.
- When the cake is done allow it to cool.
- Garnish the cake with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or fold 1/2 tsp of root beer flavoring into whipped cream and top each cupcake.
15 Oct 2014
Tags: banana, Honey, peanut butter, soy milk
These smoothie is delicious and quick for breakfast or dessert. It’s healthy and nutritious smoothie!
- Simply place all the ingredients in food processor, except for the honey and blend until smooth.
- Then pour into glasses and garnish it with honey.
20 Sep 2014
Tags: eggs, Kefir, sugar, vanilla extract
A delicious and nutritious frozen dessert that the whole family will enjoy. Try this simple recipe now!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups kefir or yogurt or whole milk – click here to buy
- 1 cup kefir cream made with heavy cream (can substitute non-kefired heavy cream)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar (can use raw honey but reduce the amount by approximately 40%)
- Simply beat together the eggs then add the sugar and beat again. Start with the amount of sweetener and add in small increments to taste. (Remember that finished ice cream will be slightly less sweet than the kefir mixture before it’s frozen.)
- Next, blend the vanilla and kefir cream and transfer the mixture into the ice cream maker and follow the instructions of the machine.
15 Aug 2014
Tags: bay leaf, cai xin, carrot, chicken bones, chicken drumsticks, garlic, macaroni, stalks celery, water
A delicious and creamy soup usually served for dessert. Try these recipe, it’s very easy and quick to prepare!
- 4 servings macaroni
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves bruised
- 2.5 liters water
- 1 kg whole chicken bones (about 4-5 whole pieces)
- 2 stalks celery (leaves included) sliced thinly
- 500 grams chicken drumsticks (about 4) skin removed
- 2-4 stalks cai xin or xiao bai cai (baby bok choy) blanched in boiling water for about 30 seconds
- 1 bay leaf optional
- Start by boiling the chicken bone and drumsticks in a pot until tender and cooked.
- Drain and rinse; set aside.
- Next, add in a pot the chicken, carrot, celery, garlic, bay leaf and water.
- Boil and lower the heat and simmer for 2 hours and season it with salt to taste.
- Then sieve the chicken stock and reserve the celery and carrots.
- Shred the chicken meat from the drumsticks and set aside.
- Finally, cook the macaroni in a salted boiling water and drain.
- Then divide the shredded chicken, macaroni and vegetables on a serving bowls and pour the chicken stock and serve.
25 Jul 2014
Tags: cranberry juice, frozen blueberries, Kefir, lemon juice
Delicious, nutritious and cleansing cranberry smoothie. Perfect for a quick breakfast and afternoon dessert!
- 2 cups Vanilla Kefir – click here to buy
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Juice of one small lemon
- Simply place the frozen fruit and juices into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add the vanilla kefir and blend again to stir completely.
- Pour into glasses and serve with ice.
20 Jun 2014
Tags: baking soda, flour, Kefir, salt, unsweetened cocoa, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, wheat flour
These delicious recipe is easy to follow. A perfect dessert for the whole family to dig in!
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk kefir – click here to buy
- Butter and flour either 9×13-inch pan or two 8-inch round cake.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the vegetable oil, kefir and vanilla in a bowl. On a separated bowl, mix the cocoa, baking soda, flour and salt.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth the spread the mixture into the pan.
- Bake afterwards depending on the size of the pan that your using. For small pans, bake for about 20-25 minutes and for the large pans, bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool before removing it. Then you cut the cake into half and spread a layer of raspberry jam or just spread the jam on top of the cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar the layers of the cake and garnished it with fresh raspberries.
15 May 2014
Tags: All-purpose cream, Condensed milk, Graham crackers, mangoes
Easy to make and very delicious dessert.
- 1 pack of Graham crackers
- 250 ml All-purpose cream
- 1 can of Condensed milk (approximately 390-400g)
- 2-3 ripe mangoes (sliced thinly)
- First step is to combine in a bowl the condensed milk and all-purpose cream and whisk.
- Then arrange the graham crackers on a dish pan. Slowly pour the cream over the crackers and spread the mango on top of the cream.
- Put another layer of graham on top of the mangoes and repeat the process.
- Finaly, garnished the top layer with crushed graham and chill for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Serve these delectable dessert on every occasion and Enjoy!
20 Apr 2014
Tags: black pepper, garlic, garlic powder, lemon juice, milk kefir, parsley flakes, salt
Make your very own ranch salad dressing. It’s very easy and quick to make. Follow simple steps and you will enjoy this delicious salad dressing!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups milk kefir that has been strained in a coffee filter for 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- Simply combine in a bowl all the ingredients and mixing it well.
- Let it stand for about 30 minutes to allow the flavor to blend.
- Then taste and season it with salt and pepper. Serve with cut vegetables as a dip.